Monday, December 31, 2007

Last day

And I'm actually in the office at 815AM. That's because I got home at 700AM this morning after yet another marathon of rubbing tiles with the family, 16 on both Saturday and Sunday nights. Strangely, I'm awake but feel quite wired and I'm abstaining from caffeinated beverages. I think the four cups of noir is still working.

It's a beautiful morning with the overnight showers having moved into the Atlantic Ocean. The cold crisp winter air is so clean that I'm filling my lungs. But not fully. I'm quite motivated this morning to finally quit smoking. In the past, I've always rationalized that I'm only going to stop as I will smoke again after certain events. However, recent research has moved me towards fully embracing the complete and total cessation of the habit.

It will certainly be a trying January 2008 as last January was really fucking hard. I wanted to rip people's faces off, especially in the office. I think the difference is I wanted to stop last year whereas I believe I NEED to stop. Period.

So I ask my friends who read this to bear with me and to encourage me to stay clean. Thank you in advance. Have a wonderful forthcoming 2008!

The Rationale:
  • Life gets better because we become older, supposedly wiser and more aware.
  • Smoking will shorten it worse than the other diseases because it was self-inflicted.
  • Don't be a stupid ass anymore.
Cheers!

No comments: