Monday, November 12, 2007

Chinatown McDonalds

This morning I went to the McDonalds on Bowery Street to get 2 sausage egg mcmuffin for $3 as has been advertised on television. When the manager (so she seems since she wasn't sporting any standard fry girl or big mac gear) told me the cost was $3.57, I knew something was wrong. Despite a large sign behind the counter clearly stating that it was 2 for $3, she said that the register was showing $3.29 plus $0.28 in tax. She couldn't do anything about it but said that I could order something else or pay $2.59 for one sandwich.

Since it's been a while, I paid the $3.57. Plus, my friend rolled her eyes and said "it's only 30 cents more." Still, it's the principal. When I got home, I realized that I should have asked for a receipt.

I'm going to the other McDonalds in the Chinatown tomorrow morning to see if they're charging $3.57 too. If so, I'm definitely asking for a receipt.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's why I love Burger King! The Whopper kicks ass!

heh said...

that's false advertisement! i would've raised hell and not bought anything.

Anonymous said...

Thank God, there's Wendy's

Anonymous said...

you mean principle, not principal

Le Incorrigible said...

you're right...DUH!