Friday, November 02, 2007

0.8 Chic

As usual, I glance around the subway car to see what folks are there and what they might be doing. Then I return to reading the Times. This morning, a mother was nervously watching three kids (presumably hers since they looked varied in age). Upon my arrival, I glimpsed a woman dolled up with neatly coiffed hair just above her set scarf over her peacoat shouldering her Tumi (I'm guessing here) tote bag while donning jeans and pointed shoes. As my standards are low, I'd probably hit it.

Going with the exiting flow, I found myself behind her and came to the conclusion that I wouldn't hit it. Why? Because she didn't smell nice. In fact, she didn't have any scent to go with her chic-ness. Thus, 0.8 is subtracted.

As some friends told me once, you need to have standards, even the bare minimum. For me, it would be a mild and positive scent.

2 comments:

heh said...

she didn't smell nice? did she smell bad then? or, no scent = negative scent.

Le Incorrigible said...

If she is going to be fashionably presentable, I would think any scent would certainly accentuate or seed some kind of memory. I only remembered because she lacked any.