Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Harry Potter

I was invited to a private viewing of the fifth episode of Harry Potter tonight. I brought along my nephew as he grew fond of the books I had given him to read. Like him, I wasn't crazy about the movie but did like the direction it was going. Definitely darker.

The director did a wonderful job with Dolores Umbridge. I hated her so much as it brought back a few uncomfortable memories. I do relate somewhat with Harry's plight and was quite annoyed with his constant whining and selfish acts. I suppose I was the same at that age but I can't quite recall the memories to nullify the current bitching of those bitching days.

It seemed like the children and teens in the audience enjoyed the movie. Hopefully, the next installment will be much better, in my eyes. I am looking forward to receiving the last book a few days after its release. I already read the spoiler which many have disavowed.

I don't recommend reading any reviews of the movie or book as the power of suggestion is much too great and will likely swing your opinion.

Enjoy the movie. And book.

Spoiler: Voldemort kills someone. As if you didn't already know.

No comments: