Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Poor Paul

Maybe it's because I'm not famous nor notorious and I don't want to be either, I find it somewhat difficult for Heather Mills and Paul McCartney to blame their marriage woes and subsequent separation on the constant media intrusion.

Couldn't Paul, with a reported $1.4 billion net worth, secure his own privacy with his wife and 2-year old child? Maybe Bill Gates does it better because his personal fortune is thirty-five times larger.

Nevertheless, it was reporters X, Y and Z that caused a rift in their marriage. The persistent chase and pursuit for the candid and possibly sordid photos of the couple disrupted essential communication between husband and wife. The machine gun flash bulb firings blinded two lovers into an incapacity to see and work through differences.

Maybe I should release a public statement blaming the lack of media attention to my separation two and a half years ago. It's interesting that I should read this article today as last night's Boston Legal had a case of a celebrity fighting back against paparazzi. In fact, the actress shot the photographer.

What will Paul do now? I'm sure the groupies are ready to soothe his soul with wanton and unabashed sex should he decide to give it a go as the local Fairmont Hotel.

Poor Paul

No comments: