Monday, October 03, 2005

End of 3Q

September came and went quite quickly and I haven't had a chance to say anything here. As it's the third day of the last quarter of 2005, I'll go through a quick summary:

Labor Day weekend: I don't remember what I did
The following weekend: It was my friend's birthday and she wanted to get trashed. So we got her trashed. With the alcohol coursing through her body, she revealed quite a few things going on in her world: (i) she's been seeing a guy of questionable character and (ii) she was diagnosed as having some pelvic disease. Though I left early that Friday night, I stayed up because I was on the first flight to LA. I'm so glad football season started. Woohoo! The redeye flight back to New York Monday night sucked as I'm too tall to sleep across the entire row of seats. This resulted in another episode of a pulled muscle and/or pinched nerve on the right side of my back. Still lingering to this day.
The following weekend: It was the birthday night of another friend who patiently took care of me when I was completely shitfaced on my bday weekend. He drank enough but wasn't too gone. But drama erupted that night over another matter: a torn black tank top. It's much too complicated to really discuss here. BUT, long story short, the guy was drunk and had a bit of macho pride. He ripped a borrowed tank and his gf got upset. Being drunk, he acted stupid and etc.
The following weekend: I had procrastinated cleaning the apartment since Memorial Day because the heat and humidity weren't conducive to doing a good job as I'd drip sweat on the freshly mopped floor. I had prepped the apartment the entire week putting stuff away to make a session go smoothly. Took me five hours to complete the housecleaning and laundry but I was quite satisfied. I chose to stay in to enjoy my clean home.
Past weekend: I had been listening to Armin Van Buuren (a big European deejay) for some time now, especially Thursday afternoons when he does his A State of Trance sessions. He spun at Crobar this past Friday night from 2AM until 8AM. The first two hours were amazing and the rest was typical late-night club fare. From 530 to 800, it was excruciating as I was so damn tired but the folks that I went with didn't want to leave until AVB was done. Got home at 9AM, showered, did some laundry, did my football thing and then slept for 3.5 hours. Went to a barbeque/open house where I worked the mini-grill (the hostess' bf was on the maxi-grill). Headed out to Chinatown for coffee and dessert before retiring for the night. Got up kind of late on Sunday and was going to head out to Manhattan to check out PastryAuntNY's new crib but a block party was one and folks double-parked on both sides of the street. Since I couldn't move the car, I bought a few bagels and went home to make breakfast and watched football all day long.

Not much has been happening during the week as it's a zombie routine of waking up, showering, shaving, dressing, heading out to work, coming home, eating, read/watch tv/CS a bit and then sleeping. However, the last week was the start of the fall season of shows so I'm kind of excited. I'll be catching West Wing, Desperate Housewives, Grey's Anatomy, Boston Legal, Alias and Night Stalker. Other shows I'd want to see but haven't yet are: Lost, Invasion and Rome. I'll probably find them from the torrents.

Happy Birthday to Deedee (I hope you're reading this). I did call you that day but I was pretty strung out from the flight back from LA so I sounded kind of loopy. Still am.

No comments: