Monday, August 29, 2005

Going Nowhere

Alternate side parking means that New York City's Sanitation department comes around when it wants to remove garbage placed by the curb. During school days, you cannot park near or in front of a school from 7AM to 4PM. So I had to move the car this morning because of the double whammy potential ust mentioned. I find parking in front my cousin's house over by the Brooklyn Eighth Avenue Chinatown, which is nearly as stinky and dirty as the Manhattan one. But it's okay, I have my iPod on and the music is going.

Upon arrival to the train station, a sign says there's no train to Manhattan, one must take the Brooklyn train deeper to another station to catch any trains going to Manhattan. Nice! Especially as throngs of smelly and unbathed Chinese stream into the station. It's okay, the iPod is now fully kicking. Here's come an N-train. I get off two stops later at New Utrecht. There's a D train but its doors just closed, so I wait as it's only 725AM. AHA! An N-train arrives and runs express to 36th Street. Woot woot!

At 36th Street, the N-train I'm on comes in on the local side but an N-train also comes streaming into the station on the express track. Damn, it's my lucky but funky day! Now, it's my fourth stop and there's two more stop til Canal Street. At 815, I arrive in the original and ever-smellier Chinatown. It's still early so I opt for a steak bagel from McDonalds and a well-done hash brown. The only thing to blow my interesting morning commute was the shitty coffee that came with it.

I'm taking a short break now and going to Starbucks for my usual venti. Mmmmm.....

No comments: