Monday, March 03, 2008

March Monday thoughts

My right wrist still hurts. It happened on a Monday morning three weeks ago. I woke up and I felt pain shoot up my arm as I got up. I thought it would go away but it hasn't so I finally got around to immobilizing it last night. I'll need to see a doctor soon.

The on-going joke with folks who know about my mysterious injury is that I've been jerking off too often and much. Here's the sad thing, there certainly wasn't any jerking off that Sunday night, the night before, the week before, the month before, etc. Otherwise, it might have been worth it. Dammit!

Getting old sucks.

Other thoughts.....from news I read....

1. Yet another murder-suicide is reported. This time, it took place at a Wendy's in Florida. A guy walks in, starts blasting and then eats one himself without telling the clerk that he'd like some fries with the bullets. There seemed to have been one each week for the last month.

2. Eco-terrorists started fires that burned expensive homes in Seattle. Aren't eco-terrorists those who would sabotage corporate or political plans to wreck the environment? If so, what's the point of burning down the homes? Fires add to our carbon dioxide problem and cause the folks to seek new sources of wood for rebuilding their homes which, in turn, defeat that which the group wants to achieve. Dimwits with good intentions.

3. Iran's nutty president visited Iraq and said that "foreigners" should leave Iraq. Obviously, he meant the U.S. and its allies. What about the jihadists? These are the non-Iraqi Sunni folks who are blasting and blowing up the Shiites who are the majority in both Iran and Iraq. Presumably, these folks, being Muslim, are welcomed to practice and perfect their murderous techniques. Fuckwits.

The world is becoming a sad place. While a part of me still wants to be a father, I'm not sure if it's the right thing to bring a child into the world. Seems selfish.

No comments: