Sunday, February 10, 2008

Absence of Football

I woke up at 930AM, 90 minutes before the alarm on my 5 year old deactivated cell phone went off. I had hoped to hear the ring tone, levitate kavallerie. It was loud and very different. I haven't figured out how to add that particular ring tone to subsequent phones.

After an hour of checking on my Vista-damaged XPS, I went to Verizon Wireless to activate my new phone, a black Chocolate. It was a nice that I only waited for 5 minutes before being helped. I told the lady that I wanted to activate my new phone and she replied "there's going to be a $20 charge." Uh.......bullshit. I am grateful that she gave me instructions to activate it at home.

So I spent the $20 on gas and 8 pieces of KFC dark meat with 4 biscuits. Half original and crispy. There was also a $2.11 cup of Dunkin Donuts too.

When I got home, Vista restarted itself and was noisily scanning for something I did to fix it. I suppose I annoyed it like a doctor would give a child an immunization shot.

It was noon and, for the first time since late August, I didn't have to call Fuzzy. There was no Sunday pre-game show on ESPN. So I watched "Dick".

Around 330PM, I moved the car and took a nice stroll home but could not figure out what to have for dinner.

Vista seemed to be well off and I surfed. I had bookmarked a wonderfully written site that I stumbled upon in December: www.f-ckingc-nts.com Yes, it is a real site. No, it's not some misogynistic site. Actually, it's written by an incredibly funny and intelligent woman who loves the word "cunt".

From there, I found a link to yet another hilarious site: www.mil-millington.com.

Great laughter. Especially in the absence of football.

No comments: