Sunday, May 06, 2007

Batting .500

My car is due for maintenance, especially the suspension, as it's been riding a bit rough and I've been uneasy. So I ordered the shocks and 2 tires last weekend and the presumption that my mechanic would be able to work on them during the week and next. But he has a 735i sitting in his driveway that's waiting a special part from Germany, which hasn't arrived as of this morning.

So I went to his place to get the 2 tires and then off to the guy who referred me to him to swap out the front tires and place the others on the rear and the spare. Turns out the two I'm changing were near toast. DOH! Now I have to order another 2 tires and go back to the guy. However, the ride home felt really nice and I'm regaining the confidence of my tank.

I needed to do laundry this weekend. I left the office early on Friday and was going to get it done that night but the DVR was threatening to delete recorded programs soon. I figured I had a few more days of backup and pushed it to Saturday.

Saturday came and went just like that! Poof! So I decided that I would wake up early Sunday, do laundry and then head to my mechanic's place.

HA! I was watching the Latin Divas of Comedy until 3AM. Here are some choice lines from the show:

1. When a woman is over 30, dating is really interviewing
2. Women should understand that men cannot be changed; men like to be petted and cuddled because they're babies
3. The stocky diva said losing 10 pounds means taking a really good shit
4. Mami, papi, I'm a lesbian, pass the salt
5. Ay, his body hair was so thick that when he took his shirt off, it was like velcro

Laundry is done but I haven't put them away yet. They're folded however. I'm listening to Tiesto's "In The Dark". Nice rock/trance tune. The singer has an Alyson Moyet-like voice but her name is Christian Burns. I'm going to buy the CD from Amazon.

No comments: