Thursday, June 16, 2005

Another funky week

Just as I thought things would brighten up, it did in a hot and humid way. New York gets so damn hot and humid that one would think a jungle exploded here. I sucked it up for a week and finally bought and installed two air conditioner units. Took about three hours at full blast to cool the place down. Of course, Mr. Murphy decides to bring a cold front and this week is looking pretty nice with lower humidity and temperatures in the mid-70s. Luckily, I got my ACs interest free until January 2006.

Work sucks! The bosses are hammering us for new and more deals but their if-shit-can-happen-then-it-will-definitely-happens attitude isn't helping. I just calculated that I should have booked about $145 with $50 to be closed shortly and another $45 to go. But NOooooooooooooooooooo......they wimps are dinging deals for the dumbest reasons. Dammit, they wanted to grow the portfolio by $150 this year and I could have gotten them there already.

To make this worse, they gave me a pittance of a raise and bonus despite that fact that I accounted for 45% of the book last year.

What did I learn from this? I'm never working for another Chinese bank again as soon as I find a gig and bail.

No comments: